- (pathology) An open sore of the skin, eyes or mucous membrane, often caused by an initial abrasion and generally maintained by an inflammation and/or an infection.
verb (ulcerat, ing)
- (transitive) To develop an ulcer, cause ulceration.
- (intransitive) To become ulcerous.
- Of or relating to an ulcer
- Having an ulcer
adjective (unhealthier, unhealthiest)
- characterized by, or conducive to poor health
- The villagers lived in surroundings.
- sick or ill
- He was an child.
- tending to corrupt
- He liked reading material.
- characterized by disturbed mental health
- He had an interest in fire.
- Not well; indisposed; not in good health; somewhat ill; ailing.
- Specifically, ill from menstruation; affected with, or having, catamenial; menstruant.
noun (wikipedia, upset, upset (unexpected victory))
- (uncountable) disturbance, Disturbance or disruption.
verb (upsets, upsetting, upset, upset)
- My late arrival caused the professor considerable upset.
- (countable) (sports) An unexpected victory of a competitor that was not favored.
- The Nimrods defeated the Blue Devils yesterday in a stunning .
- (automobile insurance) An overturn.
- "collision and upset": impact with another object or an overturn for whatever reason.
- (transitive) To make (a person) angry, distressed, or unhappy.
- I"m sure the bad news will him, but he needs to know.
- (transitive) To disturb, disrupt or adversely alter (something).
- Introducing a foreign species can the ecological balance.
- (transitive) To tip or overturn (something).
- 1924: ARISTOTLE. Metaphysics. Translated by W. D. Ross. Nashotah, Wisconsin, USA: The Classical Library, 2001. Available at: <http://www.classicallibrary.org/aristotle/metaphysics/>. Book 1, Part 9.
- : But this argument, which first Anaxagoras and later Eudoxus and certain others used, is very easily ; for it is not difficult to collect many insuperable objections to such a view.
- Of a person, angry, distressed or unhappy.
- (pathology) (alternative spelling of, uremia)
- (pathology) blood poisoning, Blood poisoning resulting from the retention of waste products usually excreted as urine.
- (context, diseases) itch, Itchy, swollen, red areas of the skin which can appear quickly in response to an allergen or due to other conditions
- Urinary Tract Infection