- paralysis from the neck down
- paralysis of all four limbs
- one who suffers from quadriplegia
verb (quarantin, ing)
- An attempt at preventing the spread of a disease by isolating those believed to be infected.
- An official detention of a ship at port due to suspicion that it may be carrying a contagious disease aboard.
- A certain place for isolating persons suspected of suffering from a contagious disease.
- A certain period of time during which a person is isolated to determine whether they've been infected with a contagious disease.
- A record system kept by port health authorities in order to monitor and prevent the spread of contagious diseases.
- A place where email messages or computer files which are suspected of harboring a virus are stored.
- To put into quarantine.
- experiencing or causing nausea or uneasiness, often characterized by an unsettled stomach
- easily troubled; squeamish
(pathology) A painful pus-filled inflammation or abscess of the tonsils and surrounding tissues, usually a complication of tonsillitis, caused by bacterial infection and often accompanied by fever.
- 1891: He'd had the and swollen glands when he was young, he told me, and it had left him with a weak throat, and a hesitating, whispering fashion of speech. " Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Case Of Identity" (Norton 2005 p.85)
- daily; occurring or recurring every day
- common, ordinary, trivial
(medical, Med.) An intermittent fever or ague which returns every day. e.g. Malaria