(countable) A weather vane.
- Any of several usually relatively thin, rigid, flat, or sometimes curved surfaces radially mounted along an axis, as a blade in a w:turbine, turbine or a sail on a windmill, that is turned by or used to turn a fluid.
- The flattened, weblike part of a feather, consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft.
- A sight on a w:sextant, sextant or compass.
- One of the metal guidance or stabilizing fins attached to the tail of a bomb or other missile.
- A secondary scale with finer graduations than the primary scale of a measure, measuring device; the vernier measures between graduations of the larger scale.
- A device that vibrates or causes vibration.
- A vibrating device used for massage or sexual stimulation.
- A device designed to electromechanically interupt current flowing to the step up transformer which was used to generate the high tension positive supply in old battery operated (automotive) valve radios.