- One who idles; one who spends his time in inaction; a lazy person; a sluggard.
- a pointer or index that indicates something
- a meter or gauge
- the needle or dial on such a meter
- (chemistry) any of many substances, such as litmus, used to indicate the concentration of a substance, or the degree of a reaction
- (ecology) a plant or animal whose presence is indicative of some specific environment
- (economics) a measure, such as unemployment rate, which can be used to predict economic trends
- a trafficator
- A safety device that prevents activation in unsafe conditions.
- The demonstrator couldn't figure out why the machine wouldn't work, until he remembered that there was an so it wouldn't operate with the cover open.
- To fit together securely.
- To interlace.