- Anything that acts as counterbalance; a compensating equivalent.
verb (offsets, offsetting, offset)
- Today's victory was an to yesterday's defeat.
- (context, international trade) A form of countertrade arrangement, in which the seller agrees to purchase within a set time frame products of a certain value from the the buying country. This kind of deals are often used in large international public sector contracts such as arms sales.
- (rfv-sense) A time at which something begins.
- You can hear the gun go off at the of the race.
- Offset printing.
- (programming) The difference between a target memory address and a base address.
- An array of bytes uses its index as the , of words a multiple thereof.
- The distance by which one thing is out of alignment with another.
- There is a small between the switch and the indicator which some users found confusing.
- To compensate for something.
- I'll the time diffence locally.
- a tuned electronic circuit used to generate a continuous output waveform
- production; quantity produced, created, or completed
verb (outputs, outputting, output)
- The factory increased its this year.
- (computers) data sent out of the computer, as to the screen, printer, or other device
- a six page
- to produce, create, or complete
- We 1400 units last year.
- (computers) to send data to a monitor, printer, or other output device
- When I hit enter, it outputs a bunch of numbers.
- (nautical) any of various projecting beams that provide support for a mast or, fitted with a float, provide support for a canoe
- (nautical) an outrigger canoe