- An image, picture, or other representation.
- A religious painting, often done on wooden panels.
- A person or thing that is the best example of a certain profession or some doing.
- That man is an in the business; he personifies loyalty and good business sense.
- A small picture which represents something (such as an icon on a computer screen which when clicked performs some function.)
- (linguistics): A type of noun whereby the form reflects and is determined by the referent; onomatopoetic words are necessarily all icons. See also symbol and index.
- An optical or other representation of a real object; a graphic; a picture.
- A mental picture of something not real or not present.
- (computing) A copy of all or part of a disk drive retained for backup or replication purposes.
- A characteristic of a person, group or company etc., style, manner of dress, how one is, or wishes to be, perceived by others.
- (mathematics) Something mapped to by a function.
verb (imag, ing)
- 5 is the of 3 under f.
- (mathematics) The subset of a codomain comprising those elements that are images of something.
- The of this step function is the set of integers.
- (context, computing) To convert an idea to an image.
- (context, computing) To create a complete backup copy of a filesystem.
- (computing) a branch of information science, and of computer science, that focuses on the study of information
- the science that deals with the gathering, classification, storage, manipulation, retrieval and analysis of information as an organized resource
verb (inputs, inputting, input)
- Something fed into a process with the intention of it shaping or affecting the outputs of that process.
- To enter data.
noun (plural: instructions)
- The act of instructing, teaching, or furnishing with knowledge; information.
- Students receive instruction in the arts and sciences.
- Instruction will be provided on how to handle difficult customers.
- That which instructs, or with which one is instructed; the intelligence or information imparted; as: (a) Precept; information; teachings. (b) Direction; order; command.
- :If my instructions may be your guide.
- Of high or especially quick cognitive capacity, bright.
- Well thought-out, well considered (an intelligent design, an intelligent strategy).
- Characterized by thoughtful interaction (an intelligent conversation).
- Acting with each other
- Two interactive systems.
- (computer science) Responding to the user
- Interactive user interface
- Any set of computer networks that communicate using the Internet Protocol. (An intranet.)
- (the internet) (considered incorrect by some — see the Usage notes under Internet) The Internet.
- (computing) An event that causes a computer to temporarily cease what it was doing and attend to a condition
- The caused the packet handler routine to run.
- to disturb or halt an ongoing process or action by interfere, interfering suddenly
- A maverick politician repeatedly interrupted the debate by shouting.
- (computing) To assert to a computer that an exceptional condition must be handled.
- The packet receiver circuit interrupted the microprocessor.
- "Internet Service Provider", a company which provides internet access for a fee
- International Specialty Products
- Recital or performance a second time; repetition.
- (computing) the use of repetition in a computer program, especially in the form of a loop
- (computing) a single repetition of the code within such a repetitive process
- The code calculates the appropriate value at each .