- Any leftover waste or scraps or material deemed useless or disposable.
- An apparatus, equipment, etc, to convert or change energy from one form to another.
- A machine that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy.
- One who, or that which, generates, begets, causes, or produces.
- An apparatus in which vapour or gas is formed from a liquid or solid by means of heat or chemical process, as a steam boiler, gas retort etc.
- (music) The principal sound or sounds by which others are produced; the fundamental note or root of the common chord; -- see also generating tone.
noun (plural gigabytes)
- (SI) One billion (1,000,000,000) bytes, as opposed to a gibibyte. SI symbol: GB
- (context, computing, colloquial) Imprecisely, a gibibyte or 10243 (1,073,741,824) bytes. SI symbol: GiB?, computing symbol: GB.
- Previous: megabyte
- Next: terabyte
- (computing) Garbage In, Garbage Out. Indicates that the integrity of the output is dependent on the integrity of the input
- A problem affecting function; a bug; an imperfection.
- They are still trying to work out all the glitches.
- a small burrowing furry rodent
- an Internet protocol for document search/retrieval
- (biblical) an unknown tree; Noah's Ark was built in gopher-wood
- (slang) a junior worker, usually in an office " someone who can be sent to go for things; in this sense it is sometimes spelled gofer
- a drawing or picture
- (in the plural) computer generated images as viewed on a screen forming part of a game or a film etc.
- I've just played this new computer game, the graphics are amazing.
- drawn, pictorial
- vivid, descriptive
- grotesque or otherwise repulsive gory
noun (wikipedia, computer graphics)
- The making of architectural or engineering drawings.
- The graphic arts.
- (computing) The pictorial representation and manipulation of data; the process by which a computer displays data.