- a photophone
- a radiotelephone
- wireless telegraphy
- The process and techniques of sending telegrams using radio waves rather than wires.
- a device that allows two-way communication via radio
- Short for remote control.
adjective (remot, er, est)
- I hate it when my uncle comes over to visit; he always sits in the best chair and hogs the .
- At a distance; disconnected.
- A operator may control the vehicle with a wireless handset.
- distant, Distant or otherwise inaccessible.
- After his fall from the emperor's favor, the general was posted to a outpost.
- unlikely, Unlikely.
- There was only a possibility that we would be rescued as we were far outside of the regular shipping lanes.
- emotion, Emotionally detached.
- After her mother's death, my friend grew for a time while she dealt with her grief.
noun (wikipedia, repeater, repeater (electronic device))
- (electronics) an electronic device that receives a weak or low-level signal and retransmits it at a higher level or higher power.
- (firearms) a gun that has a store of cartridges and does not need reloading after each shot.
- (ufology and similar studies) a person who regularly sees unexplained sightings of paranormal phenomenon.
- Note " this term is more commonly used by skeptics of the paranormal, and implies that the witness lacks credibility.
- (given name, male).
- One of the main characters of w:William Shakespeare, William Shakespeare's play w:Romeo and Juliet, Romeo and Juliet.
- A boyfriend.
- A man who is a great lover.
- By analogy with the Shakesperean character, a man who is in love with a woman from a family, party or country opposing his own.
- A man who has married without the consent of his parent-in-law, parents-in-law.
- The letter R in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- radio telephone
- Right Tackle, term used in American & Canadian Football