proper noun the Net
- (computing) The Internet.
- A fabric or structure of fibrous elements attached to each other at regular intervals.
- Any interconnected group or system
verb (network, ing)
- A of roads crisscrossed the country.
- A directory of people maintained for their advancement
- To get a job in today's economy, it is important to have a strong .
- Multiple computers and other devices connected together to share information
- The copy machine is connected to the so it can now serve as a printer.
- (intransitive) To interact socially for the purpose of getting connections or personal advancement
- Many people find it worthwhile to for jobs and information.
- (transitive) To connect two or more computers or other computerized devices
- If we his machine to the server, he will be able to see all the files.
- (transitive) To interconnect a group or system
- an unsigned leaflet distributed clandestinely
- The eleventh month of the Gregorian calendar, following October and preceding December. Abbreviation: Nov or Nov.
- The letter N in the ICAO spelling alphabet.