- A grasp or grip.
verb (holds, holding, held, held or rarely holden)
- Keep a firm on the handlebars.
- Something reserved or kept.
- We have a here for you.
- (italbrac, wrestling) A position or grip used to control the opponent.
- He got him in a tight and pinned him to the mat.
- (nautical) The cargo area of a ship, (often cargo hold).
- Put that in the .
- (italbrac, gambling) The percentage the house wins on a gamble.
- (transitive) To grasp or grip.
- Hold the pencil like this.
- (transitive) To contain or store.
- This package holds six bottles.
- (transitive) To have and keep possession of something.
- Hold my coat for me.
- (transitive) To reserve.
- Hold a table for us at 7:00.
- (transitive) To cause to wait or delay.
- Hold the elevator.
- (transitive) To detain.
- Hold the suspect in this cell.
noun (plural: hotels)
- An establishment that provides accommodation and other services for paying guests; normally larger than a guest house, and often one of a chain.
- The larger red properties in the game of Monopoly, as opposed to house, houses.
- The letter H in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- (alternative spelling of, hotline)