- A device for receive, receiving alpha-numeric messages
- dad, daddy, father; a familiar or old-fashioned term of address to one"s father.
- The letter P in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- Something that is not active, but rather is acted upon.
- (grammar) When the subject of a sentence has an action done to them.
- The form of "A meteorite hit the earth" is "The earth was hit by a meteorite."
- (slang) Remaining neutral or submissive during an event.
- He remained during the protest.
- (informal) passenger or passengers
- (context, Communication) private branch exchange
- Personal Communication System
verb (phon, ing)
- A device for transmitting sound in real time across distances.
- (transitive) To call (someone) on the telephone.
- A book used to find phone numbers; a telephone directory in book form.
- The fax system
- One who makes prints.
- The operator of a printing press or owner of a printing business.
- (computing) A device, usually attached to a computer, used to print text or images onto paper. Also see plotter.
- Push To Talk
- Part Task Trainer
- Partial Thromboplastin Time
- Partitioning tracer test
- Platform Terminal Transmitter
- Professional Technical Trainer
- Protein truncation test
- Polytrimethylene terephtalate