- The capital of Peru.
- The letter L in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
(wikipedia, Wichita Lineman)
- a person who installs and repairs overhead cables (either power or telephone); a linesman
- (football) Previous name of a assistant referee
- (tennis) An official who calls shots that pitch out of bounds, and judges foot faults
- (icehockey) An official whose primary task is to watch the blue line and determine when there has been an offside
- An official whose primary task is to determine if there has been a line of scrimmage violation
- A connection between places, persons, events, or things.
- The mayor's assistant serves as the to the media.
- One element of a chain.
- The third of the silver chain needs to be resoldered.
- The weakest .
- (computing) The connection between busses or systems.
- A by-N- is composed of N lanes.
- (obsolete) A torch used to light dark streets.
- (transitive): To connect two or more things.
- Over a great length (e.g. a long-distance runner).
- Referring to a non-local telephone call, a toll call