- any cream containing medicinal ingredients applied to the skin for therapeutic purposes
- The direction away from the center of the Earth, opposed to the pull of gravity.
verb (up, p, ing)
- (context, transitive, colloquial, ) To increase or raise.
- If we the volume, we'll be able to make out the details.
- (context, transitive, US, colloquial) To promote.
- It wasn"t long before they upped him to Vice President.
- awake, Awake.
- I can"t believe it"s 3 a.m. and you"re still .
- finished, Finished, to an end
- Time is !
- In a good mood.
- I"m feeling today.
- willing, Willing; ready.
- If you are for a trip, let"s go.
- Next in a sequence.
- Smith is next to bat.
- face, Facing upwards; facing toward the top.
- Put the notebook face on the table.
- stand, Standing.
- Get and give her your seat.
- On a higher level.
- 1925, Walter Anthony and Tom Reed (titles), w:Rupert Julian, Rupert Julian (director), w:The Phantom of the Opera, The Phantom of the Opera, silent movie
- "The Phantom! The Phantom is from the cellars again!"
- available, Available; made public.
- The new notices are as of last Tuesday.
- Of a person, informed about; abreast of; current.
- I"m not on the latest news. What"s going on?
- (computing) Functional; working.
- Is the server back ?
- (context, of a railway line or train) Traveling towards a major terminus.
- The London train is on the line.
- away, Away from the center of the earth; in opposite direction to the downward pull of gravity.
- I looked and saw the airplane overhead.
- Into pieces.
- An abstract adverb of motion or change.
- Used for intensity or emphasis.
- (context, rail transport) Traditional term for the direction leading to the principal terminus, towards milepost zero.
- (cricket) relatively, Relatively close to the batsman.
- The bowler pitched the ball .
- One who uses or makes use of something, a consumer.
- A person who uses drugs, especially illegal drugs.
- (context, computing) A person who uses a computer or a computing network, especially a person who has received a user account.
- (pejorative) An exploiter, an abusive user (a person who uses something or someone unfairly, selfishly and/or unethically).
- (chemistry) an antibacterial agent obtained from lichens of the genus Usnea
- the action or fact of burning, especially roasting