noun (yellowfin tuna, -, sg=yellowfin tuna, pl2=yellowfin tunas)
- (uncountable) An edible species of tuna, Thunnus albacares, found in tropical seas; the ahi.
- (countable) An individual member of that species.
- Yellow Jack is a slang term for the illness Yellow Fever
- A yellow flag used by ships as a warning of disease
- The fish Caranx Bartholomaei
- The fish Trachurus novaezelandiae. (Reference: Australian Fish and How to Catch Them, Richard Allan, Landsdowne Publishing, 1990, ISBN 1-86302-674-6.)