- literal transcription of Freud"s German-language psychology, psychological term "Ich", more often termed ego in English. See ego.
- Of, pertaining to, or like fish; piscine.
- The branch of zoology devoted to the study of fish.
- A large salmonid fish, scientific name Stenodus leucichthys, with a large mouth with a protruding lower jaw and a high and pointed dorsal fin
noun (pl=isthmuses, pl2=isthmi)
- A narrow strip of land, bordered on two sides by water, and connecting two larger landmasses.