All Words Glossary
- one or a pair of sideways-looking misaligned eyes.
- an unusually pale eye
- a variety of gamefish native to the Northern U.S. and Canada with pale, reflective eyes
noun (walleyed pike)
- synonym of walleye (fish)
- The capital of Poland.
noun (es, pl2=weakfish)
- Any of several species of game fish, of the genus Cynoscion, found in North American waters
- A very large spotted shark, Rhincodon typus, of warm marine waters, similar to a whale, that feeds by filtering plankton from the water.
- A waft; a brief, gentle breeze; a light gust of air
- An odour carried briefly through the air
- A short inhalation of breath, especially of smoke from a cigarette or pipe
- (baseball) A strike (from the batter's perspective)
- The megrim, a fish with scientific name Lepidorhombus boscii or Lepidorhombus whiffiagonis
- (transitive) To waft.
- (transitive) To sniff.
- (context, intransitive, baseball) To strike out.
- (slang) to attempt to strike and miss, esp. being off-balance/vulnerable after missing.
- (colloquial) Having a strong or unpleasant odor.
- The young of various species of fish, especially herrings, sprats or smelts, served deep fried as a starter or snack
noun (es, pl2=whitefish)
- any of many fish
- any of several North American freshwater fish, of the genus Coregonus, used as food
- any of several other fish, such as whiting or menhaden
- the beluga (both the sturgeon and the whale)
- a piece of glass filling a window or a section of a window
- A quadruple dose of liquid LSD.
- Any one of numerous edible, marine, spiny-finned fishes of the genus Labrus, of which several species are found in the Mediterranean and on the Atlantic coast of Europe. Many of the species are bright-colored.
Browse the Dictionary