- A dark green mass, the contents of the fetal intestines during the later stages of mammalian gestation, that forms the first faeces of the newborn
- The onset of menstruation; the beginning of the menstrual period. A girl's first period.
- 1973: How old is she? Nine? Ten? The is not far off " a hint of a bosom, poor child. " Patrick O'Brian, HMS Surprise
- The final menstruation of a female.
- menstrual, Menstrual flow.
- Of or having to do with the menses
- Occurring once a month : MONTHLY
- Lasting for a month
- A menstrual flower
- (physiology) The complete set of chemical reactions that occur in living cells.
verb to metabolize (intransitive)
to metabolize (transitive)
- to undergo metabolism
- to cause a substance to undergo metabolism
- to produce a substance using metabolism
- (physiology) urination
- (uncountable) A liquid secreted by the mammary glands of mammals to nourish their young.
- (countable, informal) An individual serving of milk.
- Table three ordered three milks. (Formally: The guests at table three ordered three glasses of .)
- (transitive) To express milk from (a mammal, especially a cow).
- (transitive) To express any liquid (from any creature).
- (transitive) To talk or write at length about (a particular point).
- (transitive) To take advantage of (a situation).
- An accidental termination of a pregnancy
- A spontaneous abortion
- A failure to properly execute a plan or achieve the expected ideals
- The guilty verdict was a of justice.
verb (miscarries, miscarrying, miscarried)
- To abort a foetus
verb (mov, ing)
- The act of moving; a movement.
- An act for the attainment of an object; a step in the execution of a plan or purpose.
- The event of changing one's residence.
- (chess) The act of moving a token on a gameboard from one position to another when it's one's turn to play.
- (intransitive) To change place or posture; to stir; to go, in any manner, from one place or position to another; as, a ship moves rapidly.
- (intransitive) To act; to take action; to stir; to begin to act; as, to move in a matter.
- (intransitive) To change residence; to remove, as from one house, town, or state, to another; to go and live at another place.
- (intransitive) (chess) To change the place of a piece in accordance with the rules of the game.
- (transitive) (ergative) To cause to change place or posture in any manner; to set in motion; to carry, convey, draw, or push from one place to another; to impel; to stir; as, the wind moves a vessel; the horse moves a carriage.
- (transitive) (chess) To transfer (a piece or man) from one space or position to another, according to the rules of the game; as, to move a king.
- (transitive) To excite to action by the presentation of motives; to rouse by representation, persuasion, or appeal; to influence.
- (transitive) To arouse the feelings or passions of; especially, to excite to tenderness or compassion; to touch pathetically; to excite, as an emotion.
- (transitive) To propose; to recommend; specifically, to propose formally for consideration and determination, in a deliberative assembly; to submit, as a resolution to be adopted; as, to move to adjourn.
- (transitive) (obsolete) To apply to, as for aid.
- Physical motion between points in space.
- I saw a in that grass on the hill.
- I saw some in that grass on the hill.
- (italbrac, horology) for a clockwork, a clock, or a watch, a device that cuts time in equal portions.
- The impression of motion in an artwork, painting, novel etc.
- A trend in various fields or social categories.
- The labor has been struggling in America since the passage of the Taft-Hartley act in 1947.
- (music) A large division of a larger composition.
- (aviation) An instance of an aircraft taking off or landing.
- Albuquerque International Sunport serviced over 200,000 movements last year.
- (baseball) The deviation of a pitch from ballistic flight
- The on his cutter was devastating.
- An act of emptying the bowels.
- Pertaining to mucus
- Having the qualities of mucus
noun (wikipedia, Mucus)
- (physiology) a slippery secretion from the lining of the mucous membranes
- Of or pertaining to muscarine.