verb (defecat, ing)
- To empty one's bowels of feces.
noun (wikipedia, swallowing)
- (physiology) The act or process of swallowing.
- a warehouse or similar storage facility
- a bus or railway station
- a place where military recruits are assembled before being sent to active units
- (medicine) a separation between two parts of a bone, without fracture
- (physiology) The relaxation and dilation of the heart chambers, between contractions, during which they fill with blood.
- Pertaining to a diastole.
- That which is digested; especially, that which is worked over, classified, and arranged under proper heads or titles
- A compilation of statutes or decisions analytically arranged; a summary of laws.
verb (rfc-level, Verb at L4+ not in L3 POS section)
- Comyn's Digest
- the United States Digest
- Any collection of articles, as an Internet mailing list "digest" including a week's postings, or a magazine arranging a collection of writings.
- Reader's Digest is published monthly.
- (transitive) To distribute or arrange methodically; to work over and classify; to reduce to portions for ready use or application.
- to laws
- (transitive) To separate (the food) in its passage through the alimentary canal into the nutritive and nonnutritive elements; to prepare, by the action of the digestive juices, for conversion into blood; to convert into chyme.
- (transitive) To think over and arrange methodically in the mind; to reduce to a plan or method; to receive in the mind and consider carefully; to get an understanding of; to comprehend.
- (context, transitive, chemistry) To soften by heat and moisture; to expose to a gentle heat in a boiler or matrass, as a preparation for chemical operations.
- (intransitive) To undergo digestion; as, food digests well or ill.
- Capable of being digested.
- The process, in the gastrointestinal tract, by which food is converted into substances that can be utilized by the body.
- The result of this process.
- The ability to use this process.
- The processing of decay in organic matter assisted by microorganisms.
- The assimilation and understanding of ideas.
- a substance that aids digestion
- of, relating to, or functioning in digestion
- having the power to cause or promote digestion
noun (wikipedia, Digestive system)
::All the food that you eat goes through your and is digested.
- A system of organs for the purpose of digesting food.
verb to disgorge (disgorges, disgorged, disgorging)
- to vomit or spew, to discharge
- to surrender (stolen goods or money, for example) unwillingly
- to remove traces of yeast from sparkling wine by the w:méthode champenoise, méthode champenoise
- excessive urination
- A served beverage.
verb (drinks, drinking, drank, drunk)
- I"d like another please.
- A served alcoholic beverage.
- Can I buy you a ?
- The action of drinking, especially with the verbs take or have.
- He was about to take a from his root beer.
- A type of beverage (usually mixed)
- My favourite is the White Russian.
- Alcohol beverages in general.
- It"s enough to drive you to .
- She has a problem with the .
- (the drink; colloquial) Any body of water.
- If he doesn't pay off the mafia, he"ll wear cement shoes to the bottom of the !
- (transitive) To consume liquid through the mouth.
- You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him .
- (intransitive) To consume alcoholic beverages.
- You've been drinking, haven't you?
- No thanks, I don't .