- A waxy substance secreted by the ear.
verb (eats, eating, ate, eaten)
- (transitive) To consume (something solid or semi-solid, usually food) by putting it into the mouth and swallowing it.
- He"s eating an apple.
- (context, transitive, colloquial) To cause (someone) to worry.
- What"s eating you?
- (transitive) (Idiom) To take a loss in a transaction
- It"s a special order, we can"t send it back; if the customer won"t accept it, we"ll have to the 40 tons of steel ourselves.
- (intransitive) To consume a meal.
- What time do we this evening?
- Don"t disturb me now; can't you see I"m eating?
noun (eatings, -)
- the act of consuming food
- food, comestibles
- I remember when we visited Aunt Martha's house, we had some really good !
- suitable to be eaten without being cooked; for example an eating apple
- To excrete from the body.
- The waste which is carried out from a cell or an organism; the excrements.
- The excretion of undigested food as feces, faeces.
- (uncountable) semen, Semen ejected during an ejaculation.
- The act of throwing or darting out with a sudden force and rapid flight.
- The uttering of a short, sudden exclamation or prayer, or the exclamation or prayer uttered.
- The act of ejecting or suddenly throwing, as a fluid from a duct.
- (biology) The forcible ejection of semen from the mammalian urethra, a reflex in response to sexual stimulation.
- of or pertaining to ejaculation
adjective ((compar) more elaborate, (superl) most elaborate)
- Highly complex, detailed, or sophisticated
- After reading a long, description, I was impressed but no wiser.
- intricate, fancy, flashy, or showy
- I stared for hours at the pattern in the rug.
- (chemistry) a substance that, in solution or when molten, ionizes and conducts electricity
- (physiology) any of the various ions (such as sodium or chloride) that regulate the electric charge on cells and the flow of water across their membranes
verb (eliminat, ing)
- (transitive) To completely destroy (something) so that it no longer exists.
- (slang) To kill (a person or animal).
- Something that is emitted, especially the exhaust from a car.
- The act of sending or throwing out; the act of sending forth or putting into circulation; issue; as, the emission of light from the sun; the emission of heat from a fire; the issuing of bank notes.
- That which is sent out, issued, or put in circulation at one time; issue; as, the emission was mostly blood. Emission theory (Physics), the theory of Newton, regarding light as consisting of emitted particles or corpuscles. See Corpuscular theory, under Corpuscular.
- (uncountable) The act of build, building or putting up or together of something; construction.
- (uncountable) Anything erected or built.
- (context, physiology) The physiological process by which a penis become erect by being engorged with blood.
- (context, physiology) A penis that has become rigid.
- To burp or belch
- (cytology) An anucleate cell in the blood involved with the transport of oxygen. Also called a red blood cell because of the red coloring of hemoglobin.
verb (evacuat, es)
- To make empty; to empty out; to remove the contents of; as, to evacuate a vessel or dish.
- Fig.: To make empty; to deprive.
- To remove; to eject; to void; to discharge, as the contents of a vessel, or of the bowels.
- To withdraw from; to quit; to retire from; as, soldiers from a country, city, or fortress
- The act of emptying, clearing of the contents, or discharging.
- Withdrawal of troops from a town, fortress, etc.
- Voidance of any matter by the natural passages of the body or by an artificial opening; defecation; also, a diminution of the fluids of an animal body by cathartics, venesection, or other means.
- That which is evacuated or discharged; especially, a discharge by stool or other natural means.
- Abolition; nullification.
- Animal solid waste; feces.
noun (plurale tantum, always plural, sg=excreta)
- Human bodily waste which is excreted from the body.
verb (excret, ing)
- (context, of an organism) to discharge from the system.
- The process of remove, removing or ejecting material that has no further utility, especially from the body; the act of excrete, excreting.
- Something being excreted in that manner.
- The act or process of exhale, exhaling, or sending forth in the form of steam or vapor; evaporation.
- That which is exhaled, or which rises in the form of vapor, fume, or steam; effluvium; emanation; as, exhalations from the earth or flowers, decaying matter, etc.
- A bright phenomenon; a meteor.
verb (expectorat, ed)
- To cough up fluid from the lungs.
- To spit.
- The action of expectorate, expectorating, of ejecting phlegm or mucus from the throat or lungs by coughing, hawking, or spitting.
- That which is expectorated, as phlegm or mucus.
verb (exud, ing)
- To discharge through pores or incisions, as moisture or other liquid matter; to give out.
- vision, Vision or the faculty of sight
- view, View or the range of vision