- (uncountable) A silvery elemental metal with an atomic number of 28 and symbol Ni.
- (US, Canada, countable) A coin worth 5 cents.
- (US slang; sometimes the nickel or the hot nickel) Interstate 5, a highway that runs along the west coast of the United States.
- (slang) A playing card with the rank of five
- (context, of a metal) not iron
- (context, of an alloy) containing no iron
verb (normalizes, normalizing, normalized)
- To format in a standardized manner, to make consistent.
- We'll need to these statements before we can compare them.
- To make normal, to make standard
- There is little hope that the two countries will relations; the administration of each country seems to hate each other and would just as soon stay on bad terms.
- (statistics) To reduce to variations by excluding irrelevant aspects.
- After we properly the measurements with respect to age, gender, geography and economic considerations, there remains little evidence of a difference between the two groups.
noun (countable and uncountable; plural: nuggets)
- (countable) a small, compact chunk or clump, as gold
- (countable) a tidbit of something valuable, as a of wisdom
- (uncountable) a type of boot polish
- (countable) a bud from the Cannabis Sativa plant. Usually implies dankness.
- (countable) slang term for an inexperienced, newly trained fighter pilot.