- (sports) One who takes kicks.
- (nautical) The kicking strap.
- (colloquial) That which is particularly difficult or troublesome.
- John wants to climb the wall, but the is that it is thirty feet tall.
- (context, finance) An enticement for investors, e.g. warranty added to the investment contract.
- (informal) A statement that amplifies self evidency of truth.
- The is that he wants all this tomorrow.
- (poker) An unpaired card which is part of a pair, two pair, or three of a kind poker hand.
- Jill's hand was two pair, aces and sevens, with a king .
- a basket used in Ireland, mainly for carrying turf
- 1922: Ignorant as a kish of brogues, worth fifty thousand pounds. " James Joyce, Ulysses
noun (plural knobbles)
- A small knob.