- A system of inheritance in which the youngest son or youngest child inherits an estate.
- One who uses or makes use of something, a consumer.
- A person who uses drugs, especially illegal drugs.
- (context, computing) A person who uses a computer or a computing network, especially a person who has received a user account.
- (pejorative) An exploiter, an abusive user (a person who uses something or someone unfairly, selfishly and/or unethically).
- The right of using and enjoying the profits of an estate or other thing belonging to another, without impairing the substance.
- I bequeath my farm to my son John, subject to a in favour of my wife Mary, until her death or remarriage. (John acquires the farm and Mary acquires the usufruct income from the farm).
- (present participle of, utter)