- the person whose money is garnished
- The most essential part; the main idea or substance; the pith.
- In law, the grounds for action in a suit.
- A condition that is assumed to be true without further evaluation.
- (past participle of, give)
- (context, US, criminal law) larceny of property whose value is greater than an amount set by law to distinguish it from petty larceny
- unearned, given freely.
- unjustified, without reason.
proper noun the
- (newspapers) A British daily national newspaper.