- The process or an instance of washing or being washed by water.
- The quantity of clothes washed at a time.
- The sound of breaking of the seas e.g. on the shore.
- The wake of a moving ship.
- The turbulence left in the air by a moving airplane.
- A lotion with medicinal or hygienic properties.
verb (wash, es)
- Ground washed away to the sea or a river.
- A shallow body of water.
(rfv-sense) In arid and semi-arid regions, the normally dry bed of an intermittent or ephemeral stream; an arroyo; wadi
1997 Stanley Desmond Smith, et al. Physiological Ecology of North American Desert Plants, Nature
- :In some desert- systems (which have been termed "xero-riparian")
1999 Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, A Natural History of the Sonoran Desert
- :" though the may carry surface water for only a few hours a year.
2005 Le Hayes Pilgrims in the Desert: The Early History of the East Mojave Desert
:Rock Spring Wash continues a short distance then joins Watson Wash. Water from Rock Spring comes out of the boulder strewn and disappears into the sand
- A lack of progress or regress; no change
- ''His first week at the new job was a , since he spent so much time learning the system instead of using it. <!--is there a corresponding verb sense?--No, AFAIK>
- To clean with water.
To move by the force of water in motion (as in the flood washed away houses).
(mining) To separate valuable material (such as gold) from worthless material by the action of flowing water.
- (intransitive) To clean oneself with water.
- (intransitive) To be eroded or carried away by the action of water.
- A painting technique using paint made of colorants suspended or dissolved in water.
- Any artwork produced by this method.
- Any paint used in this method.
- Pertaining to the methods or products of watercolor.
- An English topographic surname for someone who lived in or near a wood
- An English occupational surname for a woodsman
- a woodcut
- a wood block
- The emergency issue of the Cape triangles, printed in 1861.
- An engraving, or a method of engraving, in which the design is cut into a block of wood and used to make prints
|work of art
- A product of the fine arts; a painting, sculpture etc.
- Something of sufficient quality to be compared to such a product