- A tendency to anger or lose patience easily.
- He has quite a when dealing with salespeople.
- The heat treatment to which a metal or other material has been subjected; a material that has undergone a particular heat treatment.
- To moderate or control.
- Temper your language around children.
- To heat-treat a material, particularly a metal.
- Next, the steel by dropping the white hot metal into cold water.
- To mix clay, plaster or mortar with water to obtain the proper consistency
- A medium used to bind pigments in painting, as well as the associated artistic techniques.
verb (tints, tinting, tinted, tinted)
- A slight coloring.
- A pale or faint tinge of any color; especially, a variation of a color obtained by adding white (contrast shade}.
- A color considered with reference to other very similar colors; as, red and blue are different colors, but two shades of scarlet are different tints.
- A shaded effect produced by the juxtaposition of many fine parallel lines.
- (context, transitive, intransitive) To shade, to color.
- (given name, female) used since the 1970s, from the religious term Holy Trinity, or translated from its long-established Spanish equivalent.
- A picture or series of pictures painted on three tablet, tablets connected by hinge, hinges.
- (philately) A set of three se-tenant postage stamp, postage stamps that form a composite picture.
noun tromper, trompe l"oeil (countable and uncountable; plural trompe l"oeils)
- (uncountable) A genre of still life painting that exploits human vision to create the illusion that the subject of the painting is real.
- (countable) A painting of this kind.
adjective (abbreviated as 2D)
- Existing in two dimensions.
- Not creating the illusion of depth.