- A design or picture produced in order to be transfered to another surface either permanently or temporarily.
- A decorative sticker.
- "Your flag won't get you into heaven any more" w:John Prine, John Prine
- that serves to decorate
- (Christianity) The removal of Jesus from the cross.
- Doctor of Fine Arts, a terminal higher education degree
- A writing tablet consisting of two leaves of rigid material connected by hinges and shutting together so as to protect the writing within.
- A picture or series of pictures painted on two tablets, usually connected by hinges.
- A double catalogue, containing in one part the names of living, and in the other of deceased, ecclesiastics and benefactors of the church.
- A catalogue of saints.
- Artistically-wrought tablets distributed by consul, consuls, etc. of the later Roman Empire to commemorate their tenure of office; hence transferred to a list of magistrates
- a. a literary work consisting of two contrasting parts (as a narrative telling the same story from two opposing points of view) "a diptych, a pastoral in which the author narrates the birth of Christ ... first as it has impressed the rich countryman Asveer, then as it has been seen by the skeptic Nicodemus" -- Franí§ois Closset b. any work made up of two matching parts treating complementary or contrasting pictorial phases of one general topic "the first volume of a diptych Vegetation and Flora of the Sonoran Desert" -- F.E. Egler
- A viral disease of animals, such as dogs and cats, characterised by fever, coughing and catarrh.
- A type of paint.
- to disturb and disorder, hence to make sick
- In art, the use of small areas of color to construct an image.
- alternative spelling of draughtsman
noun (draperies, -)
- (uncountable) cloth draped gracefully in folds
- (countable) a piece of cloth, hung vertically as a curtain; a drape
verb (draws, drawing, drew, drawn, )
- to produce a picture with pencil, crayon, chalk, etc. on paper, cardboard, etc.
- She likes to draw the ocean.
- to pull out (a gun, a tooth)
- (upon): to rely on
- She had to upon her experience to solve the problem
- to determine the result of a lottery
- to end a game with neither side winning
- The result will be a if nobody scores soon. <!---Noun?
- A picture, likeness, diagram or representation, usually written on paper.
- The act of producing such a picture.
- A contest in which the winner is selected by chance; especially such a contest in which a winning name or number is selected randomly by removing (or drawing) it from a container, popularly a hat.
- (present participle of, draw)
verb (dries, drying, dried)
- (intransitive) To become dry.
- (transitive) To make dry. (e.g., your eyes)
adjective (drier, driest or dryest)
- Devin dried her eyes with a handkerchief.
- free, Free from liquid or moisture.
- Could you hand me a towel?
- My throat feels itchy and .
- Cover the chicken as it bakes or it'll get too .
- (chemistry) Free of water in any state; anhydrous
- Dry alcohol is 200 proof.
- Maintaining temperance; void or abstinent from alcoholic beverages.
- A former alcoholic, he's been for almost a year now.
- You'll have to drive out of this county to find any liquor.
- The main language of the Netherlands and Flanders (i.e., the northern half of Belgium).
- The people from the Netherlands.
- (archaic) The main language of the Holy Roman Empire(Germany, Austria, Alsace, Luxemburg)
- (archaic) A German
- Of or pertaining to the Netherlands, the Dutch people or the Dutch language.
- In a shared manner; of a shared expense.
- (archaic) Pertaining to the Dutch, the Germans, and the Goths.