- Large, landlocked, naturally occurring stretch of water.
- In dyeing and painting, an often fugitive crimson or vermillion pigment derived from an organic colorant (cochineal or madder, for example) and an inorganic, generally metallic mordant.
(In the plural) an area characterised by its many lakes; e.g., the English Lake District is often shortened to The Lakes.
a, A large amount of liquid: a wine lake.
- to present an offering (obsolete)
- to leap, jump, exert oneself, play (mainly dialectal)
verb (landscap, ing)
- A portion of land or territory which the eye can comprehend in a single view, including all the objects it contains.
- A picture representing a scene by land or sea, actual or fancied, the chief subject being the general aspect of nature, as fields, hills, forests, water. etc.
- The pictorial aspect of a country.
(printing) a mode of printing where the horizontal sides are longer then the vertical sides
- A space, indoor or outdoor and natural or man-made (as in 'designed landscape')
- to do various grounds maintenance
- The state or quality of being like or alike; similitude; resemblance; similarity.
- Appearance or form; guise.
An enemy in the of a friend. How he looked, the likenesses of him which still remain enable us to imagine.
- That which closely resembles; a portrait.