- Affection, often excessive, to one's own region and to everything related to it.
- Political tendency to concede forms of politico-administrative autonomy to regions.
(context, countable, linguistics) A linguistic word or phrase characteristic or limited to a region.
- the removal of stress or discomfort
- the feeling associated with the removal of stress or dicomfort
- something that relieves
- the person who takes over a shift for another
Officer Schmidt can finally go home because his has arrived.
- aid or assistance offered in time of need
- court-ordered compensation, aid, or protection, a redress
- tax savings.
- a type of artwork in which shapes or figures protrude from a flat background
- the difference made noticeable by a variation in light or color
(geology) the different elevations of the earth's surface
- Act of pointing out or attentively noticing; notice or observation.
- The expression, in speech or writing, of something remarked or noticed; the mention of that which is worthy of attention or notice; hence, also, a casual observation, comment, or statement; as, a pertinent remark.
- To make a remark or remarks; to comment.
- To mark in a notable manner; to distinquish clearly; to make noticeable or conspicuous; to point out.
- To take notice of, or to observe, mentally; as, to remark the manner of a speaker.
- To express in words or writing, as observed or noticed; to state; to say; -- often with a substantive clause; as, he remarked that it was time to go.
- The 14th century revival of classical art, architecture, literature and learning that originated in Italy and spread throughout Europe over the following two centuries.
- The period of this revival; the transition from medieval to modern times.
- Any similar artistic or intellectual revival.
- Of, or relating to the Renaissance.
- Of, or relating to the style of art or architecture of the Renaissance.
- A curved piece of wood attached to the bottom of a rocking chair or cradle that enables it to rock back and forth.
- Hence, a rocking chair
(surfing) The lengthwise curvature of a surfboard. (More rocker is a more curved board.)
- Somewhat resembling the Roman; -- applied sometimes to the debased style of the later Roman empire, but especially to the more developed architecture prevailing from the 8th century to the 12th.
- Of or pertaining to romance or fable; fanciful.
(present participle of, rub)