verb (pastures, pasturing, pastured)
- Land on which cattle can be kept for feeding.
- ground covered with grass or herbage, used or suitable for the grazing of livestock.
- To move animals into a pasture to graze.
- An enclosed area used to contain domesticated animals, especially sheep or cattle.
verb (pens, penning, penned or pent)
- There are two steers in the third .
- A place to confine a person; a prison cell.
- They caught him with a stolen horse, and he wound up in the again.
- (baseball) The bullpen.
- Two righties are up in the .
- (transitive) To enclose in a pen.
noun (plural piggies)
- (hypocoristic) A pig (the animal).
- This little went to market.
- (context, mildly, derogatory) A pig, a greedy person.
- Can't you finish your dinner? You've been a , haven't you?
- A pigsty; an enclosure where pigs are kept.
- Something extremely dirty or messy.
- This room is a . When are you going to clean it?
- A shelter where pigs are kept.
- (slang) A dirty or very untidy place.
- An open enclosure for animals, especially for stray ones.
- (transitive) To confine animals in a pinfold.
- A horse harnessed alongside the shaft or pole of a vehicle
- A pig, espcially on being fattened and raised for slaughter.
- (context, slang, pejorative) An obese person.
- (context, UK, slang) A lie (from Cockney rhyming slang pork pie).
- A unit of weight: of 16 ounces in the avoirdupois system (= 453.592 g) or of 12 troy ounces in the troy weight, troy system (= 373.242 g). Its symbol is lb.
- pound-force, Pound-force.
- The symbol
- A unit of currency used in Cyprus; Egypt; Lebanon; the United Kingdom and its dependency, dependencies; and formerly in the Republic of Ireland (which now uses the euro) and Israel (which now uses the sheqel). Its symbol is <big>Â£</big>.
- (transitive) To strike (something or someone) hard repeatedly.
- (transitive) to crush to pieces; to pulverize
- (transitive) (slang) To eat or drink very quickly.
- You really pounded that beer!
verb (produc, es)
- (defn, English)
- (defn, English)
- Food, especially for livestock.
- An edible material that provides sustenance.