- A facility where eggs are hatched under artificial conditions, especially those of fish or poultry.
- A cow that has not yet had a calf.
- 1611 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke " Numbers 19:1-2 KJV
- A female bird.
- (specifically) A female chicken, especially one kept for its eggs.
- (slang) A woman.
- A city in Herefordshire, England
- A breed of cattle used for high-quality beef, see w:Hereford (cattle)
- Having the skin adhering so closely to the ribs and back as not to be easily loosened or raised; -- said of an animal.
- Having the bark so close and constricting that it impedes the growth; -- said of trees.
- Untractable; bigoted; obstinately and blindly or stupidly conservative.
- Niggardly; penurious.
- An area of land that is at elevation; mountainous land.
- Relating to
- Noun, highlands.
noun (hinn, ies)
verb (hinnies, hinnying, hinnied)
- The hybrid offspring of a stallion (male horse) and a she-ass (female donkey).
- (alternative form of, whinny)
- A box, basket, or other structure, for the reception and habitation of a swarm of honeybees.
- The bees of one hive; a swarm of bees.
- A place swarming with busy occupants; a crowd.
verb (hogg, ing)
- Any animal belonging to the Suidae family of mammals, especially the pig, the wart hog, and the boar.
- A greedy person; one who refuses to share.
- (slang) A large motorcycle, particularly a w:Harley Davidson, Harley-Davidson.
- (transitive) To greedily take more than one's share.
- Hey! Quit hogging all the blankets.
- A type of dairy cattle, distinctively colored in splotches of black and white.
- A large hoofed animal (scientific name Equus caballus).
- A cowboy's greatest friend is his .
- (context, zoology) Any current or extinct animal of the family Equidae, including the zebra or the ass.
- These bone features, distinctive in the zebra, are actually present in all horses.
- (uncountable) cavalry, Cavalry soldiers.
- We should place two units of and one of foot on this side of the field.
- In gymnastics, a piece of equipment with a body on two or four legs, approximately four feet high with two handles on top.
- She's scored very highly with the parallel bars, let's see how she does with the .
- (context, chess, rare) A knight.
- Now just remind me how the moves again?
- (slang) heroin, Heroin.
- Alright, mate, got any ?
- (context, slang, pejorative) A Tongan.
- Easily angered or excited; lustful; passionate; excitable.