- a fighting cock
- An animal produced artificially from the DNA of a goat and a sheep.
- money; tribute; compensation; ransom.
- (transitive) To castrate a male (usually an animal).
- a castrated male horse
- any castrated male animal
- (archaic) a eunuch
- (present participle of, geld)
- A thin layer of gold; gilding
- (slang) money
- A security issued by the Bank of England (see gilt-edged)
- A young female pig, at or nearing the age of first breeding.
- past tense and past participle of gild
- golden coloured
- A rating.
verb (grades, grading, graded)
- I gave him a good for effort.
- A degree or level of something; a position within a scale; a degree of quality.
- This fine- coin from 1837 is worth a good amount.
- A slope (up or down) of a roadway or other passage
- ''The of this hill is more than 5 percent
- A level of pre-collegiate education
- Clancy is entering the fifth this year.
- An area that has been graded by a grader (construction machine)
- The level of the ground.
- This material absorbs moisture and is probably not a good choice for use below .
- To score an academic test.
- To assign a score to overall academic performance.
- To flatten and even out or smooth a large surface.