- Province of Marche, Italy.
- Town and capital of Ancona and also the capital of Marche.
- A breed of poultry.
- "In all but colouring, the Ancona is a very similar bird to the Leghorn. It was imported from Italy probably some years before the latter. See ref. p.43.
- A county in Scotland.
- A black, hornless breed of beef cattle, originally from Scotland.
(given name, male, , ) of mostly Scottish usage.
(railroading) A nickname for the 0-8-8-0 train configuration.
- A type of poultry notable for laying blue or green eggs.
"These fowls were discovered in South America. A few were brought to the U.S. but have been crossed with other chickens so much so that characteristics of size, shape, etc., were dispersed. The trait of laying blue or greenish eggs persisted and now breeders are attempting to standardize the physical makeup of the population and gain them recognition as a breed."
http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/poultry/chickens/araucana/ - 3k -