noun (often Territorial)
adjective (sometimes Territorial)
- a non-professional member of a Territorial Army
- of, relating to, or restricted to a specific geographic area, or territory
- (often capitalized) organized for home defence - such as the Territorial Army
- (biology) displaying territoriality
- (biology) a pattern of behaviour in animals that defines and defends a territory; more typical of males
- the legal status of a territory
- A large extent or tract of land; a region; a country; a district.
- (idiom) the boss, the leader (of the pack)
- (idiom) in a competition, the one expected to win
- One of a pair of elongated pointed tooth, teeth that extend outside the mouth of an animal such as walrus, elephant or wild boar.
- Until the CITES sales ban, elephant tusks were the 'backbone' of the legal ivory trade.
- A small projection on a (tusk) tenon.
- To dig up using a tusk, as boars do.
- The sound of a bird; any short high-pitched sound or whistle.