- an action done on a regular basis.
- It's become a of mine to have a cup of coffee after dinner.
- an action performed repeatedly and automatically, usually without awareness.
- By force of , he dressed for work even though it was holiday.
- a long piece of clothing worn by monks and nuns.
- It's interesting how Catholic and Buddhist monks both wear habits.
- a piece of clothing worn uniformly for a specific activity.
- The new riding habits of the team looked smashing!.
- customary manner of dress.
- 1719: w:Daniel Defoe, Daniel Defoe, w:Robinson Crusoe, Robinson Crusoe
- : ...it was always my fate to choose for the worse, so I did here; for having money in my pocket and good clothes upon my back, I would always go on board in the of a gentleman; and so I neither had any business in the ship, or learned to do any.
- an addiction.
- He has a 10-cigar .
- The private part of an Arab household. In traditional Arab culture, this part of the household was forbidden to male strangers.
- A group of women, wives and/or concubines in a polygamous household.
- A group of female animals (cows) herded and controlled by a male animal (bull) of that species for breeding purposes. Such behaviour is exhibited by bovids including cattle and buffalo as well as moose, elephants, seals, sea lions, sea elephants.
- Of or pertaining to goats
- (context, transitive, intransitive) To use a car horn.
- (intransitive) To make a sound like a car horn.
- (intransitive) To make the sound of a goose.
- A derisive cry or shout.
- The cry of an owl.
- A fun event, a blast
- To cry out or shout in contempt.
- To make the cry of an owl.
- To assail with contemptuous cries or shouts; to follow with derisive shouts.
- a short jump, a short journey
- the plant (w:Hop (plant), Humulus lupulus) from whose flowers, beer or ale is brewed
- (plural) the w:Hops, flowers of the plant, dried & used to brew beer etc.
- a dance
- a narcotic drug, usually opium
- The protracted, mournful cry of a dog or a wolf, or other like sound.
- A prolonged cry of distress or anguish; a wail.
- To utter a loud, protraced, mournful sound or cry, as dogs and wolves often do.
- To utter a sound expressive of distress; to cry aloud and mournfully; to lament; to wail.
- To make a noise resembling the cry of a wild beast.
- To utter with outcry.