- A show or spectacle.
- (computing): An electronic screen that shows graphics or text.
- (transitive): To show conspicuously.
- The state of being dominant; of prime importance; supremacy.
- Being in a position of power, authority or ascendancy over others.
- The superior development or preference for one side of the body or of one of a pair of organs; such as being right-handed.
- The property of a gene such that it supresses the expression of its allele.
- A trip made in a motor vehicle
verb (drives, driving, drove, driven)
- It was a long .
- A driveway
- The mansion had a long, tree-lined .
- A motor that does not take fuel, but instead depends on a mechanism that stores potential energy for subsequent use:
- Some old model trains have clockwork drives.
- (computers) A mass-storage device; as, a disk drive, a DVD drive, a flash drive''
- Self-motivation; ability coupled with ambition:
- ''Crassus had wealth and wit, but Pompey had and Caesar as much again.
- (military) A sustained advance in the face of the enemy to take a strategic objective:
- Napoleon's on Moscow was as determined as it was disastrous.
- (golf) A stroke made with a driver
- (baseball) A ball struck in a flat trajectory (also called line drive)
- A type of public roadway.
- Beverly Hills" most famous street is Rodeo .
- (psychology) desire, Desire or interest.
- (cricket) A type of shot played by swinging the bat in a vertical arc, through the line of the ball, and hitting it along the ground, normally between cover and midwicket.
- (defn, English)