- A trip made by walking.
- I take a walk every morning
- A distance walked.
- It"s a long walk from my house to the library
- A manner of walking.
- The Ministry of Silly Walks is underfunded this year
- A path, sidewalk/pavement or other maintained place on which to walk. Compare trail.
- (baseball) An instance of walking a batter.
- The pitcher now has two walks in this inning alone
- (present participle of, walk)
- a college student athlete that wants to join a sports/athletic team without the benefit of a scholarship or having been recruited
- an actor of small (or "bit") part in a theater drama production; and a term for that part.
- an easy victory; a walkaway
- a bye awarded to a player or team when a scheduled opponent fails to play a game
- a horse race with only one entrant
- (gymnastics) a backbend combined with a handstand
- To make or keep
- Adjective, warm.
- To increasingly favour.
- He is warming to the idea.
- Her classmates are gradually warming to her.
- A temperature slightly higher than usual, but still pleasant; a Mild, mild temperature.
- The tea is still .
- Something that causes warmth, or the impression thereof.
- This is a very room.
- care, Caring, of relations to another person.
- We have a friendship.
- 1985: Robert Ferro, Blue Star
- : It seemed I was too excited for sleep, too , too young.
- (context, archaic) Ardent, zealous.
- 1776: Edward Gibbon, The History of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Chapter 1
- : To the strength and fierceness of barbarians they added a contempt for life, which was derived from a persuasion of the immortality and transmigration of the soul.
- In card games, a card that can be assigned any value or used to substitute for any needed card.
- To ride a surfboard that has an attached sail
- (football) A football tournament held every four years in which those national teams that qualify play to determine a world champion
- (cricket) A cricket tournament held every four years, involving all the Test nations and a number of qualifying nations, consisting of a series of One-day Internationals and a final
- (sports) Several other similar events in other sports