- An Okinawan martial art involving primarily punching and kicking, but additionally, advanced throws, arm bars, grappling and all means of fighting.
- (martial arts) A sequence of positions and movements used in the practice of many martial arts.
- (alternative spelling of, kick-off)
- The act of killing.
- The assassin liked to make a clean , and thus favored small arms over explosives.
- Specifically, the death blow.
- The hunter delivered the with a pistol shot to the head.
- The result of killing; that which has been killed.
- The fox dragged its back to its den.
- To put to death; to extinguish life.
- Smoking kills more people each year than alcohol and drugs combined.
- There is conclusive evidence that smoking kills.
- (transitive) To render inoperative.
- He killed the engine and turned off the headlights, but remained in the car, waiting.
- (transitive) To stop, cease, or render void.
- The editor decided to the story.
- ''The news that a hurricane had destroyed our beach house killed our plans to sell it.
- (context, transitive, figurative) To amaze, exceed, stun, or otherwise incapacitate.
- That night, she was dressed to .
- That joke always kills me.
- (transitive) To tell off severely.
- My boss will me if I'm late.
- When she finally got home her dad just about killed her.
- (transitive) To use up or to waste.
- I'm just doing this to time.
- Between the two of us, we killed the rest of the case of beer.
- (context, transitive, figurative) To overpower or overwhelm.
- The team had absolutely killed their traditional rivals, and the local sports bars were raucous with celebrations.
- (transitive) To force a company out of business.
- Any Chinese martial art.