- one who divulges private information with intent to hurt others
- tattletale; squealer (U.S. slang)
- something that serves to reveal something else
- The was the lipstick on her shirt collar.
- (nautical) a length of yarn or ribbon attached to a sail or shroud etc to indicate the direction of the flow of the air relative to the boat
- revealing something not intended to be known
- His eye was blinking, a signal that he was lying.
- He blushed when he approached, a sign that he was happy to see him.
- (uncountable) The inevitable passing of events from future to present then past.
verb (times, timing, timed)
- Time stops for nobody.
- the ebb and flow of
- (uncountable) A quantity of availability in time.
- More is needed to complete the project.
- You had plenty of , but you waited until the last minute.
- Are you finished yet? Time"s up!
- Our instructor didn't give us enough to complete the test.
- The two of us can never find to see each other any more.
- (countable) A measurement of a quantity of time; a numerical indication of a length of time.
- Record the individual times for the processes in each batch.
- Only your best is compared with the other competitors.
- (uncountable, slang) The serving of a prison sentence.
- The judge leniently granted a sentence with no hard .
- (uncountable) The time of day; the moment in time, as indicated by a clock or similar device.
- Excuse me, have you got the ?
- What is it, do you guess? Ten o"clock?
- A computer keeps using a clock battery.
- (countable) The measurement under some system of the time of day or moment in time.
- Let's synchronize our watches so we're not on different .
- Coordinated Universal Time avoids the complications of Daylight Saving Time.
- (countable) A numerical indication of a particular moment in time.
- At what times do the trains arrive?
- These times were erroneously converted between zones.
- (countable) An instance or occurrence.
- When was the last we went out? I don"t remember.
- See you another .
- That"s three times he"s made the same mistake.
- Okay, but this is the last . No more after that!
- (uncountable) A particular occasion.
- It"s for bed. It"s to sleep.
- Ready for our performance? It"s ! Here we go!
- To measure time, especially using a clock of some kind.
- To choose the time for.
- The President timed his speech badly, coinciding with the Superbowl.
- The bomb was timed to explode at 9:20 p.m.
- a device that records, on timecards, the times that employees start and finish work
- A device that shows the time; a timepiece.
- A person who keeps records of the hours of attendance of employees.
- A person who records the times elapsed in a sporting event.
- Any device that measures or registers time; a clock or watch, especially one lacking a chime or other striking mechanism.
- Someone or something which times.
- Especially, a device used to measure the amount of time something takes, or a device that can be set to sound an alarm after a certain amount of time.
- A range of longitudes where a common standard time is used.
verb (trips, tripping, tripped)
- a journey
- a stumble
- period of experiencing drug-induced hallucinations
- a faux pas, a social error, see tripping
- to fall over or stumble over something with your feet.
- to activate or set in motion. (This usage is usually associated with the activation of a trap or explosive device. See tripwire.)
- to use drugs that induce hallucinations, particularly LSD
- The time that it takes for the Sun to return to the same position along the ecliptic, as viewed from the Earth, especially:
- A vernal equinox year, the time between two successive vernal equinoxes.