- A unit of time equal to 0.000001 seconds (i.e., one-millionth of a second) and commonly represented with symbol Î¼s.
- A unit of time equal to sixty seconds and one-sixtieth of an hour.
verb (minut, ing)
- You have twenty minutes to complete the test.
- A short but unspecified time period.
- Wait a , I"m not ready yet!
- A unit of angle equal to one-sixtieth of a degree.
- We need to be sure these maps are accurate to within one of arc.
- (in plural minutes) A (usually formal) written record of a meeting.
- Let"s look at the minutes of last week"s meeting.
- A minute of use of a telephone or other network, especially a cell phone network.
- If you buy this phone, you"ll get 100 free minutes.
- (transitive) Of an event, to write in a memo or the minutes of a meeting.
adjective (minut, er)
- I"ll this evening"s meeting.
- Very small.
- They found only quantities of chemical residue on his clothing.
- very careful and exact, giving small details.
- The hand of a clock or watch face that revolves once each hour and indicates the minutes.
- A period into which a year is divided, historically based on the phases of the moon. In the Gregorian calendar there are twelve months: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- A period of 30 days, 31 days, or some alternation thereof.
- Physical motion between points in space.
- I saw a in that grass on the hill.
- I saw some in that grass on the hill.
- (italbrac, horology) for a clockwork, a clock, or a watch, a device that cuts time in equal portions.
- The impression of motion in an artwork, painting, novel etc.
- A trend in various fields or social categories.
- The labor has been struggling in America since the passage of the Taft-Hartley act in 1947.
- (music) A large division of a larger composition.
- (aviation) An instance of an aircraft taking off or landing.
- Albuquerque International Sunport serviced over 200,000 movements last year.
- (baseball) The deviation of a pitch from ballistic flight
- The on his cutter was devastating.
- An act of emptying the bowels.
- Mississippi, a state of the United States of America.
- manuscript, Manuscript.
- Master of Science.
- middle school, Middle School.
- Morphine. (Morphine Sulfate)
- multiple sclerosis, Multiple sclerosis, a chronic, inflammatory, demyelinating disease
- Mountain Standard Time