- of a day: extra day or days inserted into a calendar
- of a month: extra month inserted into a calendar. The w:Hebrew calendar, Hebrew calendar has such a month.
- (botany) of a meristem: situated between zones of permanent tissue, thus a shoot growing at the base of a leaf, in comparison with apical growth at the tip of a root or plant.
noun the International Date Linecategory:English nouns (context, singulare tantum)
|International Date Line||
- An imaginary line on the Earth's surface at 180Â° longitude, mostly through the Pacific Ocean, to the east of which the calendar date is one day earlier than to the west.
- having the same duration
- happening at regular periods; isochronous, periodic
- (computing) (of data) time dependent
- happening at regular intervals
- happening at the same time; isochronal
- (computing) of or pertaining to the use of clocks derived from the same clock reference
- Their entire national telephone network is , with a clock distribution tree radiating from a single, protected cesium reference clock.
- (computing) of or pertaining to data associated with time sensitive application
- These packets belong to an voice application and need priority handling.