verb (parachut, ing)
- A device, generally constructed from fabric, that is designed to employ air resistance to control the fall of an object.
- To jump, fall, descend, etc. using such a device.
noun (pl=pendulums, pl2=pendula)
- A body suspended from a fixed support so that it swings freely back and forth under the influence of gravity, commonly used to regulate various devices such as clocks.
noun (ps in the SI-system)
- A measure of time; 0.000,000,000,001 second (One millionth of a millionth of a second)
- A large post, often used as supporting architecture.
- after noon (used after a time to indicate it is between noon and midnight, i.e., in the afternoon, evening or night as opposed to the morning)
- Anything that points or is used for pointing.
- A needle-like component of a timepiece or measuring device that indicates the time or the current reading of the device.
- A breed of hunting dog.
- (complang) A variable which holds the address of a memory location where, presumeably, a value is stored.
- (computing) An icon that indicates the position of the mouse; a cursor.
- A tip, a bit of advice (usually plural.)
- The instructor gave me some pointers on writing a good paper.
- Pacific Standard Time