- Information put into a temporary or permanent physical medium.
- The person had a of the event in her memory in her brain.
- The tourist's photographs and the tape of the police call provide a of the crime.''
- Any instance of a physical medium on which information was put for the purpose of preserving it and making it available for future reference.
- We have no record of you making this payment to us.
- A vinyl disc on which sound is recorded and may be replayed on a phonograph.
- I still like records better than CDs.
- (computing) A set of data relating to a single individual or item.
- The most extreme known value of some achievement, particularly in competitive events.
- The heat and humidity were both new records.
- The team set a new for most points scored in a quarter.
- (transitive) To make a record of information.
- I wanted to every detail of what happened, for the benefit of future generations.
- (transitive) Specifically, to make an audio or video recording of.
- Within a week they had recorded both the song and the video for it.
- (transitive) To give legal status to by making an official public record.
- When the deed was recorded, we officially owned the house.
- (intransitive) To fix in a medium, usually in a tangible medium.
- (intransitive) To make an audio, video, or multimedia recording.
- an apparatus for recording; a device which records
- someone who records
- A judge in a municipal court
- A woodwind musical instrument
- A reproduction of sound and/or video, stored in a permanent medium.
- I made a of the show.
noun (plural record players)
- An electronic device for playing records.
- A device used to operate an appliance (such as a television) or mechanical toy from a short distance away. Sometimes shortened to "remote"
- The act of rewinding.
- A button or other mechanism for rewinding.
verb (rewinds, rewinding, rewound)
- I meant to pause the picture, but hit the by mistake.
- To wind back; as, to rewind a VCR, cassette tape, or DVD.
- To wind again; as, to rewind an unwound spool of string or tape.