- the vertical clearance above someone's head, as in a tunnel, doorway etc
- (electronics) the ability of a system to reproduce loud sounds free of distortion; dynamic headroom
- (Internet) have fun
- high fidelity
noun (abbreviated as hi-fi or HiFi?)
- An electronic system that reproduces a given sound or image with relatively high accuracy
- (context, of a sound system) characterized by minimal distortion
verb (hum, m, ing)
- A tune created orally with lips closed.
- An often indistinct sound resembling that produced by humming.
- To make a sound from the vocal chords without pronouncing any real words, with one's lips closed.
- : To smell bad.
- : To deceive, or impose on one by some story or device.