- A transducer that converts electric signals into sound and is held near the ear, especially as part of a telephone; an earpiece or headphone
- Extended Play
verb (eras, ing)
- to remove markings or information
- I erased that note because it was wrong.
- (context, storage) To obliterate information from a storage medium, such as to clear, to overwrite, or (with magnetic storage) to demagnetize.
- I'm going to those files.
- I'm going to that tape.
- (paper tape storage) (punched card storage) to punch a hole at every punch position.
- (baseball) To remove a runner from the bases via a double play or pick off play
- Jones was erased by a 6-4-3 double play.
Source: definitions from w:Federal Standard 1037C, Federal Standard 1037C and from w:MIL-STD-188, MIL-STD-188