- The recording of a signal; sound or image, on a magnetizable vessel or medium for storage, and retrieval purposes.
- someone who has control over something or someone
- owner of an animal or slave
- the captain of a merchant ship; a master mariner
- someone who employs others
- an expert at something
- a tradesman who is qualified to teach apprentices
- a skilled artist
- (dated) a courtesy title of a man; mister
- a courtesy title for a boy
- the original of a document or of a recording
- (context, Filmology) The primary wide shot of a scene, into which the closeups will be edited later.
- to be a master
- to control
- to learn to a high degree of proficiency
- main, principal or predominant
- highly skilled
- (obsolete) The womb. The concept of an enclosure is common to many of the other uses of .
- (biology) The material or tissue in which more specialized structures are embedded.
- (biology) An extracellular matrix, the material or tissue between the cells of animals or plants.
- (biology) Part of the mitochondrion.
- (biology) The medium in which bacterium, bacteria are cultured.
- (mathematics) A rectangular arrangement of numbers or terms having various uses such as transforming coordinates in geometry, solving system of linear equations, systems of linear equations in linear algebra and representing graphs in graph theory.
- (computing) A two-dimensional array.
- A table of data.
- (geology) A geological matrix, the outer material of a rock consisting of larger grains embedded in a material consisting of smaller ones.
- (archaeology) The sediment surrounding and including the artifacts, features, and other materials at a site.
- (analytical chemistry) The environment from which a given sample is taken.
noun (wikipedia, drink mixer)
- blender (machine)
- The non-alcoholic drink (such as lemonade, Coca-Cola or fruit juice) that is added to spirits to make cocktails.
- Do we have any mixers? I don't want to drink this Vodka neat.
- of, relating to, affecting, or designed for use with one ear <monaural deafness>
- One's mother
- A title given to a nun or a priestess