All Words Glossary
- A dance originating from the mid 1700s with four dancers forming a square, rather much like the modern square dance.
- A unit of liquid capacity equal to two pints; one-fourth (quarter) of a gallon. Equivalent to 1.136 liters in the UK and 0.946 liter (liquid quart) or 1.101 liters (dry quart) in the U.S.
(music) an interval of one fifth
(in piquet) a sequence of five playing cards of the same suit; equivalent to a straight flush in poker
- a quin or quintuplet
- quinte; In fencing, the fifth fencer in parrying or attacking position.
- a flat disc of metal or stone thrown at a target in the game of quoits
- a ring of rubber or rope similarly used in the game of deck-quoits
- the flat stone covering a cromlech
Browse the Dictionary