- a supernatural creature, similar to a demon but smaller and less powerful.
- a mischievous child.
(obsolete) To plant or engraft, especially (in falconry) to graft feathers into a wing
"For, if I my wing on Thine",--Herbert (1633)
- To eke out, strengthen
- A person considered alone, rather than as belonging to a group of people.
- He is an unusual .
- Relating to a single person or thing as opposed to more than one.
As we can't print them all together, the individual pages will have to be printed one by one. individual personal pension; individual cream cakes
- Intended for a single person as opposed to more than one person.
- A distance in space or in time.
- In music, an is the difference (a ratio or logarithmic measure) in pitch between two notes and often refers to those two pitches themselves (otherwise known as a dyad).
- In mathematics an is a connected section of the real line. It may be empty or have a length of zero.
(context, mostly, british) An intermission.
(cricket) Either of the two breaks, at lunch and tea, between the three sessions of a day's play
- information technology, Information technology.