- a supernatural creature, similar to a demon but smaller and less powerful.
- a mischievous child.
- (obsolete) To plant or engraft, especially (in falconry) to graft feathers into a wing
- "For, if I my wing on Thine",--Herbert (1633)
- To eke out, strengthen
- A person considered alone, rather than as belonging to a group of people.
- He is an unusual .
- Relating to a single person or thing as opposed to more than one.
- As we can't print them all together, the individual pages will have to be printed one by one.
- Intended for a single person as opposed to more than one person.
- individual personal pension; individual cream cakes
- A distance in space or in time.
- In music, an is the difference (a ratio or logarithmic measure) in pitch between two notes and often refers to those two pitches themselves (otherwise known as a dyad).
- In mathematics an is a connected section of the real line. It may be empty or have a length of zero.
- (context, mostly, british) An intermission.
- (cricket) Either of the two breaks, at lunch and tea, between the three sessions of a day's play
- information technology, Information technology.