- (context, initialism) id est: That is; in other words; that is to say; in essence.
- The three U.S. states on the west coast ( Washington, Oregon, and California) have favorable climates.
- beneath one's dignity
|in propria persona||
- By the person himself/herself; often used when a defendent is representing himself/herself in court without an attorney.
- By that very fact itself. cf., Cf.: eo ipso.<ref name="OED-etym&def">The Oxford English Dictionary (2007)</ref>
- "if two individuals fail to make an exchange, then this demonstrates that at that moment at least one of them would not have benefited from the exchange."
- "Bryan Caplan, "The Austrian Search for Realistic Foundations"