noun (plural cartes blanches)
- Unrestricted power to act at one's own discretion; unconditional authority
- They gave the contractor to modernize the kitchen.
- An act seen as justifying or causing a war.
- being in the centre
- being the most important
- having or containing the centre of something
verb (cur, ing)
- a method, device or medication that restores good health
- a solution to a problem
- to restore to good health
- to relieve from a disease or its ill effects
- to preserve
- A written account of one's life comprising one's education, accomplishments, work experience, publications, etc.; especially, one used to apply for a job. Abbreviation: CV
- A detailed written account of one's education and experience used to seek positions in academic or educational environments, typically including academic credentials, publications, courses taught, etc.