- thief, scoundrel (used as a general term of abuse)
- 1980s policy of the Soviet Union under Gorbachev to allow more government transparency
- 2004: w:Chris Wallace (journalist), Chris Wallace, Character: Profiles in Presidential Courage
- :Gorbachev would introduce (openness and freedom) and perestroika (economic restructuring) to Russia under his tenure, ultimately freeing thousands of political prisoners and dissidents and trying to address the shortages in food and goods that had become the hallmarks of the failing Soviet economy.
noun , gringa (plural: gringos , gringas )
- (italbrac-colon, pejorative) A Caucasian foreigner such as an American. The term is used only in Latin America. Spaniards use the term yanqui for Americans.